Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 11, 2014

Reading for today: Proverbs 4-6

What struck me about today’s reading was the first verse, “Listen, children, to a father's instruction, and be attentive, that you may gain insight”. Very sound words. Children should listen to their fathers, but what if their fathers are not the wonderful people we want them to be. What if they are never around or to use a contemporary term “deadbeat dads” who do they listen to then?

I feel that as a parent, I should put my children first, I should not only be teaching them what to do and how to act, but I should also, be showing them by example. (A while back there was this public announcement that spoke against using drugs and the boy told his dad, “I learned it by watching you, ok.”) Very true words. What we say and what we do has great impact on how we are teaching our children to be good and to grow up to become godly men and women. But you already know that right? Now we just need to put it into practice to be wise.



I invite your comments on how we can help  instruct our children


Pastor Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment