Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wednesday,  June 4, 2014
Reading for today:  Psalm 111- 118

I forgot to add Psalm 127 to yesterday’s reading…I need to go back and include it.   If you are reading this seeveral days after the original post, it should be corrected by now.   Word of caution:  in our reading program there are times when the readings are listed on several lines, and the date is only on one line…it can trick you!

As I read through the Psalms this morning I felt that what David is saying is the real reason we remain in Christ.    God is our help and strength, our ever present resource.   He comes to our aid when no one else knows that we are even in trouble.He changes things that the rest of the world says cannot be changed…and all for our benefit!    The old hymn “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing”  begins like this  “come thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace; Streams of mercy, never ceasing,  Call for songs of loudest praise..”   Focus on God results in praise.  It results and awe filled wonder and amazement.

 When I read these psalms, I know that I am touching the well spring of praises for God.   This is why we praise.  This is why we rejoice.   God is awesome and powerful, and the litany of what He does for us and because of us goes on and on.   We are truly a blessed people to know the true and living God.

No comments:

Post a Comment